Hospital Headwall systems are growing in popularity in the healthcare industry, and for good reason. The forWard® Headwall System is incredibly efficient to install and maintain, it aids with consistency and ease of use for hospital staff, and it offers patients a little piece of home through its custom design capabilities. All of this enhances patient care while improving the efficiency of hospital staff.
Blending function and aesthetics is the difference between what makes a headwall good and one that is great. There are several features that every great headwall system should contain. Here are the top 5 we believe are the most important:
- Durability: Steel panel construction backed by 5/8” gypsum board means resistance to scratches, dents, fluids, etc., eliminating the need for replacement both during construction and well after occupation. High impact resistant construction also eliminates the need for bed locators and impact resistant wall covering. The forWard® Hospital Headwall Systemeliminates the need for additional equipment in the room. Imagine cutting bed locators out of your budget for a new hospital wing. This is just one of many ways our hospital headwall system saves you money.
- Speed of installation: The average 8’ wide forWard® Headwall System takes between 30-45 minutes to install. Install our systems back to back for even greater installation efficiency.
- Great Aesthetics: With hundreds of colors and wood grain options to choose from, the forWard® Headwall System also offers the ability to revise the aesthetic down the road with minimal effort and disruption to the wall itself. If a design change is required, panels can be simply removed and replaced with almost zero room downtime.
- “Sound” Acoustics: The forWard® Headwall System carries an STC (Sound Transmission Class) rating of 51 as compared to typical drywall partitions which carry a 45 STC rating. These superior acoustical properties assist in the desire for a “quiet” hospital. This STC rating is based on no headwall penetrations.
- Ease of Maintenance: Easy to add/remove outlets or med gases without having to buy a new wall or cut into a finished wall. Just like changing out a design element, panels are simply removed and replaced. Again, these changes require minimal operational downtown.
Medical headwall systems not only improve the budget and performance of hospital staff, but they also ensure that your patients receive the utmost care. If you would like to learn more about our patient headwall system, please click below to view our brochure. This link will give you complete details on the features of the forWard® Hospital Headwall System, all the way down to how it’s built and installed. Join us in helping every hospital have the best tools to work efficiently while elevating patient experience.